Friday, October 21, 2011

Good Leadership Is Hard to Find

All People want is someone to care... especially when it involves the person that you work for. It’s hard finding a leader who really cares about you; a person who will invest in who you are, not just seek to drain the life out of you. Statistics show that companies that have leadership who show empathy and real concern have the hardest working people. I never will forget when I worked for Blue Cross, I had a leader who really cared about me...and anything that he asked of me, I did it. I always did more than what he asked of me, because he cared about me as a person.

I understand that not everyone appreciates a leader of this caliber, and in that situation employees should be dealt with. But when a leader truly cares for their workers, you will get more out of them. It's nothing like feeling that you have done all that you can do and more--but still walk away feeling under appreciated. Good leaders demonstrate a caring attitude when it comes to their employees; after all, without people there would be no business!


No comments:

Post a Comment